[midvalleybirds] South Corvallis birds

Woody Fitzgerald woodyfitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:50:34 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Yard or feeder lists and cleaning out/repairing bird boxes are great ways
to stay connected with nature while being stuck at home! My south Corvallis
(we are a few doors down from Avery Park) feeders/bird bath have been
bustling with birds (both in numbers and diversity)...saw 26 species
yesterday:

song sparrow
golden crowned sparrow
white throated sparrow
fox sparrow
white crowned sparrow
junco
towhee
scrub jay
stellers jay
purple finch
house finch
lesser goldfinch
pine siskin
annas hummer
rufous hummer
w.b. nuthatch
r.b. nuthatch
b.c. chickadee
bushtit
varied thrush
yellow rump warbler
townsends warbler
brown creeper
robin
starling
downy woodpecker

Mourning dove and american goldfinch have been present in the last few days
as well. The red breasted sapsucker has been drumming on the side of the
aluminum extension ladder which can be heard from a long ways off.

cheers,

Woody