[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Orange-crowned Warbler near Mt Angel/Silverton

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Mon Mar 23 09:04:52 PDT 2020

From: John Thomas <johnpam at mtangel.net>
Subject: [obol] FOY OC Warblers Today
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 17:57:36 -0700

ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER showed up this morning nectaring on our OR Grape plants. On a Mt Angel Abbey Hill walk around noon, we came upon three more that were in a mixed group of RB Nuthatch, Juncos, House Finch, and a Ruby-Crowned Kinglet poking around a flowering wild cherry tree. Old Corvallis Phenology Chart said average date is March 21. OC Warblers on time!

No Osprey seen at the Humpert Lane nest SW of Mt Angel Abbey Hill as of noon today. Noticed over the years these birds often come in a bit later than some Oregon Osprey.

John Thomas
Silverton/ Mt Angel Area