[midvalleybirds] Fwd: McMinnville birds & trilliums Ankeny Tufted Duck

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Sat Mar 21 06:00:20 PDT 2020

From: "Paul Sullivan" < paultsullivan at onlinenw.com >
Subject: [obol] some McMinnville spots today
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 20:57:59 -0700

Today I got out around McMinnville to a few spots. In all these places I
met other people who were out enjoying the sunshine. We passed each other
without lingering.

At noon I walked at the oval track at the hospital (quarter mile rubberized
surface). I saw the collection of White-crowned sparrows in the bushes.
Overhead I saw 5 Turkey Vultures, 3 Ravens, and 1 adult BALD EAGLE in a
kettle.

1 PM at Airport Park I walked the two loops. Saw the first trillium of the
spring. Heard a PACIFIC WREN (FOY for me), Raven, Flicker, Robin, B-c
Chickadees.

3 PM at Rotary Park I viewed for the first time the results of work that has
been done to remove English ivy and other exotic species. A dramatic
change! Lots of open space where there was vegetation before. I saw more
trilliums. I heard my first HUTTON'S VIREO of the year.

At home I had

2 E Collared-Doves
2 M. Doves
1 male Anna's Hummingbird
1 Downy Woodpecker
1 Crow
1 B-c Chickadee
8 Bushtits
1 Bewick's Wren
1 female Townsend's Warbler
2 Spotted Towhee
1 Fox Sparrow (heard bits of song early in the morning)
2 Song Sparrows
20 D-e Junco
4 Purple Finches
4 House Finches
1 Pine Siskin
3 Lesser Goldfinches

Heard in the yard in recent days, but not today :
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Lincoln's Sparrow, Steller's Jay, Scrub Jay

It was good to enjoy the sunshine.

Paul Sullivan
McMinnville