[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Mountain Quail calling in McMinnville, Baskett Slough shrike and euro-ducks

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Fri Mar 20 07:20:14 PDT 2020

From: Pamela Johnston < shovzan at gmail.com >
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:25:47 -0700
Subject: [obol] Vernal equinox in Yamhill Co

Today I saw some more Violet-green Swallows, first in Greater Dayton, then
at home outside McMinnville when they came to my yard to check the nest
boxes. The calendar may shift the date of the equinox, but the swallows
still come around the first day of spring. When they will nest is another
question.
Yesterday morning when I went out about 7 I heard a few calls of Mountain
Quail coming from north of the house. The previous morning a Great-horned
Owl flew over. A Steller's Jay gave a Red-tailed Hawk scream; the owl
continued on its course.

These are benefits of subscribing to a daily newspaper and taking a morning
walk to bring it to the house.

Pamela Johnston