[midvalleybirds] Home Depot bluebird boxes

JAMES D SMITH jdsmithor at msn.com
Tue Mar 17 17:50:00 PDT 2020

Sue et al,

I've been doing Violet Green Swallows for several  years in Schwegler concrete/wood composite boxes and never had a problem. This includes boxes that produced seven fledglings. I don't do  Bluebirds out here simply because they don't come  by,  perhaps the mesh isn't that important. You  could drill  some  vent holes along the sides, or small ones on the  bottom.

Jim