[midvalleybirds] Chessie!

Carma Sue Henry cshenry at bywordofmind.com
Sun Mar 15 18:17:48 PDT 2020

For the whole 2.5 years since we moved back home from Seattle I've been bemoaning the lack of the Chestnut-backed chickadees.  They were my favs - so dapper - and we had about 1 for every 10 of the Black-capped (which were very numerous). For about 4-5 years a wintering Townsend's warbler was their frequent companion - seldom saw him outside of their company. Today I had my first confirmed sighting of the CBC.  What a joy!  Also, one of the Acorn Woodpecker family came in for a first of the spring  nibble of suet today.  Their store of acorns must be running out.Carma Henry, Logsdon Ridge