[midvalleybirds] ASC coast field trip cancelled.

Duncan Evered duncan5890571 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 08:16:53 PDT 2020

With regret, we’ve decided to cancel the all day trip to Newport scheduled
for this Saturday, 3/14.  Car-pooling and scope-sharing are an essential
component of this trip’s success, but these activities produce social
contacts that we feel an obligation to minimize given the current
understanding of COVID-19 in the USA.

Though some forms of group-birding might be inadvisable in the coming
weeks, please don’t neglect your other means of spending time in close
contact with Nature.  Long walks in local parks are highly recommended!

We hope that in a month’s time we will all have a much better understanding
of the situation.  For 4/11 we are currently scheduled for a half-day
exploration of Willamette Park.
Duncan and Caryn.