[midvalleybirds] RE: Trumpeter Swans maybe gone, kinglets singing

Thomas Gilg tom at barbless.com
Mon Mar 9 20:27:32 PDT 2020

The flock of ~150 Swans along Linn West Drive (Linn County) for weeks took off yesterday.

On Shedd Cemetery Drive, a large group of mostly pink-legged gulls gave way circa Feb 20 to a large group of mostly yellow-legged gulls that only hung around for about a week. While passing by today, about 50 gulls were present, and I saw several large flocks swirling high. Gulls seem to be moving.

Based on multiple commutes by in the past week, the Davis Road Burrowing Owl has probably moved on. But in the nearby slough were Greater Yellowlegs, which I'm seeing elsewhere around Brownsville.

--tg