[midvalleybirds] Re: [obol] Re: Bushtits--body temp over 101!

Lars Norgren larspernorgren at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 01:38:22 PST 2020

If there is a male biased sex ratio then the helper birds at nesting make a
lot of sense. I am reading a monograph on the Florida Scrubjay. Habitat
limitations mean there can be no dispersal of young, so helper birds is an
obvious strategy.  Neither California nor Woodhouse's Scrubjays have been
documented to do this.