[midvalleybirds] Naturalist Adventure this Sunday at Talking Waters
donaboucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:43:53 PST 2020
Sunday, January 19
Talking Water Gardens in NE Albany
Meet at 9am, trip lasts about 3 hours
- In Albany, from Pacific Blvd., turn north on Ermine St. and go one
- Turn left on Salem Ave. and immediately turn right on Davidson St.
- Cross RR tracks and turn right on Front Ave.
- Front Ave. veers left onto Waverly Ave. (the right turn is gated)
- Cross the small bridge and park in the gravel lot
Talking Water Gardens has numerous ponds, wetlands and cascading water
features. It's loaded with a variety of waterfowl in the winter, including
uncommon wintering species such as Cinnamon Teal and Green Heron. The
species diversity is high due to nearby habitats, such as the Simpson Park
with First Lake surrounded by mixed forest and separating the area from the
Willamette River. We can encounter raptors, songbirds, woodpeckers and
gulls. We may briefly visit the trail into Simpson Park if we have time.
Showers are possible on Sunday. Please be prepared for rain and bring
Don Boucher & Lisa Millbank
More information about the birding