[midvalleybirds] Logsdon Ridge

Lisa Millbank millbank.lisa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 23:58:44 PST 2020

Hi Carma,

Our local Vesper Sparrows are probably enjoying the nicer weather in the
San Joaquin Valley area right now.  On very rare occasions, someone finds
one in the winter in the Willamette Valley, I guess there's one on Sauvie
Island right now.  Vespers have white outer tail feathers like juncos do,
and white eye-rings.  They're almost always found in open grasslands with
mostly short vegetation, open oak woodland adjacent to grassland, bare
ground, roadsides and pastures.  I would say you're probably on the right
track with a lighter Song Sparrow, but if you see the bird again, maybe you
can get a glimpse of the tail just to be sure.

Lisa Millbank