[midvalleybirds] Foster Res Franklins Gull, Gordon Lakes Ring-necked Ducks, other

Thomas Gilg tom at barbless.com
Thu Sep 19 20:35:13 PDT 2019

Just NW of Brownsville, I've had Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Juncos and Thrushes show up in the past few days. Is the cool weather bringing them down to the valley floor from the Cascades?

I encountered 7 Ring-necked Ducks at Gordon Lakes today, and it's clear the recent rains are bring the lakes, streams and rivers up.

     https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59941280

On the drive home, Foster Reservoir yielded 3 gulls, one of which appeared to be a Franklins.

     https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59941356

--tg