[midvalleybirds] RE: [MidValleyNature:5034] Migrants overhead/overheard

Pam and Randy Comeleo rottyler at peak.org
Thu Sep 19 11:58:02 PDT 2019

Apparently a few of those Swainson’s Thrushes didn’t get very far – I heard several “whit” calls coming from our little patch of woods at around 10 am this morning.

We saw several disorganized V’s of Greater White-fronted Geese passing overhead at Klamath Marsh yesterday during a break in the monsoon rains. Their “laughing” calls set off our GWFG-alarm dog who barked wildly at them. I’m sure she was just trying to encourage them to keep moving south. OK, I know, that’s not our mid-valley, but it must be somebody’s mid-valleyJ

Pam