[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Arctic Terns at Philomath sewage ponds this morning

Thomas Gilg tom at barbless.com
Mon Sep 16 20:13:46 PDT 2019

Wrt Cheadle.

I was at Cheadle Lake today. The water was high, and 2 Greater Yellowlegs were hanging out by the parking lot. Lots of geese moving thru, and a good variety of ducks.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59861756

Earlier I was at Talking Waters, and failed to find the Lesser Yellowleg, or any other shore birds. In my limited experience at Talking Waters (and birding in general), the central pond seems in extra good shallow/muddy condition for shore birds.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59862616

The Freeway Lakes had higher water, submerging the modest mud flats with a Greater Yellowlegs that existed 2+ weeks ago.

Waverly Lake was dead, as was Timber-Lane Lake.

>From east of Albany to south of Brownsville, the grass seed fields are spouting and greening up, and there are many puddles of water.

--tg