[midvalleybirds] Naturalist Adventure this Sunday, Sept. 15: Chip Ross Park

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:41:05 PDT 2019

 *Sunday, Sept. 15, 9am (about 3 hours) *
*Chip Ross Park*
*Meet at parking lot at end of NW Lester Ave., Corvallis*
Google map link <https://goo.gl/maps/GpY8FFKyyZx9tFkU6>

Chip Ross Park has oak savanna and woodlands with nice views overlooking
Corvallis. We’ll see ripening acorns, several species of oak galls, the
leaves of Bigleaf Maple that have begun to change color, and the scarlet
leaves of poison-oak. Encounters with Acorn Woodpeckers and Western
Bluebirds are likely, as are common brush birds and soaring raptors. It's
also a good place to encounter squirrels and chipmunks too. We may see
snakes and lizards if we have any sunbreaks. We may go through part of
Timberhill Natural Area or into McDonald Forest if there's time.

Come prepared for cool morning temperatures. Rain continues to be forecast
and trails may have slippery muddy spots. Please bring binoculars.

Don Boucher & Lisa Millbank
www.neighborhood-naturalist.com
*New — Carpooling info:*

*Optional Chip Ross Park carpooling link
<https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/qsyovj>*

We're trying out a website that will enable field trip participants to
carpool, with the following goals in mind:
-limit the number of cars taking up parking spaces at popular sites
-reduce the emissions and fuel use associated with our field trips
-provide rides for people who don't have a way to get to the field trip site

A new carpool link will be created for each field trip, but we won't
organize it beyond that, nor can we provide rides ourselves. Drivers and
riders will contact one another through the website and will make all
arrangements on their own. If no drivers sign up, any potential riders on
the waiting list will have to make other plans to get to the site.

Please give this a try if you're willing to drive or if you'd like a ride,
and we'll see if it's a viable option for future field trips.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>