[midvalleybirds] Re: [MidValleyNature:5004] Vaux's Swift migration chimney monito

Mary Garrard marygarrard at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 13:45:05 PDT 2019

hi Molly, thanks for that information! I was wondering where the little buggers had gone. I am currently away but will be back this weekend and can check it out myself. I also forwarded it to Bev Clark, who does Swift watch Swift roost watching as well.
I'll forward this on Larry Schwitters as well. You know he's the guy that has the huge Swift watch website.
Mary

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:36 PM, Molly Monroe<monroemolly at hotmail.com> wrote:   #yiv6880848218 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}We found a new (to us) roost site on the corner of 4th and C, just before the onramp to Hwy 34, in the Cascade Body Studio chimney. It has two openings and doesn't seem nearly tall enough for the amount of swifts we watched funnel into it last week. Didn't get a good count but easily over 1,000 birds.Molly~