[midvalleybirds] Low-contrast Spizella sparrows

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Sun Sep 1 18:42:42 PDT 2019

I feel like I'm banging a tired drum on this, but there are still young, low-contrast Chipping Sparrows around that might look like Brewer's Sparrows on a brief look.

I saw a couple more today while I was apparently risking my life within a quarter mile of a purportedly ferocious cougar on Dunn Forest. Which I figure has been around pretty much the whole season while I've been working nearby. Just don't run if you see a cougar, folks. Move slowly when you're in the wild. It's not your outdoor gym.