[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Large flock of Horned Larks n. of Baskett Slough + continuing Harris's Sparrow

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Fri Nov 29 06:09:59 PST 2019

The first location (larks) is along Livermore Rd. north of Baskett Slough NWR, about 1.5 miles from the north end of Livermore where it tees into Perrydale/Bethel Rd.

The second spot (Harris's Sparrow) is along Coville Rd. a couple hundred yards south of the parking area for the Baskett Butte (Rich Guadagno) trail.

A couple of birders have mentioned seeing birdseed by the gate on the refuge road in the latter spot. This is a no-no on National Wildlife Refuges, because of the chance for birdseed mixes to include invasive weeds.