[midvalleybirds] sparrows along Campus Way bikepath, Benton County

alderspr at peak.org alderspr at peak.org
Mon Nov 25 11:28:59 PST 2019

Hi All-

When I go on this path from work, I never have binos, and thus can't take a good look at all the enticing sparrows! There are bunches of them hanging out where the new wetland is (still dry) between the east end of the path and the Oak Creek crossing. They like the fenceline and foraging under the remaining vegetation in the previously wet area. Even without binos, I saw a white-throated sparrow and Lincoln's sparrow among the song sparrows and golden-crowned sparrows this morning. Who knows what else might show up??

Karan Fairchild