[midvalleybirds] White-throated Sparrow singing and Monmouth Blue Jay

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Tue Nov 19 05:52:47 PST 2019

Not sure how long it's been around since I was gone for the past two weeks ... but yesterday a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW was singing its "Oh sweet Canada" song from the cherry tree in our front yard, midway between Corvallis and Monmouth.

In keeping with the Canadian theme, a student at Western Oregon University on Monmouth spotted and photographed a BLUE JAY on the campus there, within the past few days. Thanks to Stephanie Hazen and Jim Dawson for passing on the report.