[midvalleybirds] bird very like Black-throated Gray Warbler

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Sun Nov 10 12:14:47 PST 2019

Hi Greg (& anyone else curious),

Black-throated Gray Warbler is indeed rare in the Willamette Valley region in November, and very rare in winter, though there are a few well-documented records including three times in the history of the Portland Christmas Bird Count.

There are usually a few stragglers locally into October, and I can recall a few reports into late October. November 10th is getting into the "remarkably late" side of things but based on your description, this must be one of those birds.

Joel