[midvalleybirds] Benton County RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD

alderspr at peak.org alderspr at peak.org
Wed Mar 13 18:25:05 PDT 2019

Hi All-

We finally had our FOY male RUFOUS HUMMER here at our home, 6 mi SW of Philomath! Very exciting to hear the familiar buzz and see its bright colors.

Also, before it was wholly light this morning, Jim saw waves on our pond and then spotted a GREAT HORNED OWL walking out of the shallow end. It shook off, walked a few more steps and shook off again. Presumably the same owl we've seen walking around in our meadows, hunting.

Karan Fairchild
6 mi SW of Philomath, eastern foothills of the Coast Range