[midvalleybirds] Swamp Sparrow, Snow Goose at Cheadle Lake, Lebanon, Linn County

jeffharding at centurytel.net jeffharding at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 12 12:44:38 PDT 2019

There was a Swamp Sparrow across the short causway to the island at the beginning of the Island Loop Trail at Cheadle Lake in Lebanon this morning. It was in blackberries with song sparrows and towhees on the west side.

The Snow Goose was with Canada Geese on the soccer pitch east of Cheadle Lake. I scoped it from the arm of the island that gets close to that field, and the bill was longer and more orange than a Ross's would be, though the grin patch was not conspicuous. A Ross's Goose was reported here yesterday, with Cackling Geese. I did not find any cacklers, so a Ross's Goose could still be about.

There was also a group of six Tundra Swans on the lake.

Good Birding,

Jeff

Get Outlook for Android