[midvalleybirds] Rufous Hummingbird report from Corvallis 5 Mar

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Thu Mar 7 10:55:44 PST 2019

Hi all,

When I got back home from a quick trip back to Minnesota, I found a report in my inbox from John Tietjen and Pat Cummings. On Tuesday afternoon they had a male Rufous Hummingbird turn up at their feeder north of Corvallis.

Southern Minnesota has plenty of Horned Larks, Snow Buntings, and a couple feet of snow blowing around and drifting all over the rural roads, if anyone is still hankering for winter birds in appropriate conditions. When I got back to PDX and retrieved our car from the long-term parking lot late last night, I found a bit of snow on the windshield but otherwise it sure feels like spring here.

Happy migration,