[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Gyrfalcon rumors, early migrant swallows, and what's in a name?

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Mon Mar 4 07:56:56 PST 2019

To add to these reports from the statewide list (OBOL), Rana Foster mentioned seeing 6 Violet-green Swallows east of Peoria on Saturday, 2 Mar.

From: "Jeff Fleischer"
Subject: [obol] Linn Co. Gyrfalcon update
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 23:15:53 -0800

Hi everyone,
I received a personal message from someone this evening that the Gyrfalcon was relocated this afternoon in the Cartney/Malpass/Isom Rd area which is SE a few miles of where I originally found it. Best way to quickly get to this area is by taking Cartney Rd east off of Peoria Rd or Cartney Rd west off of Hwy 99E. This is in the general vicinity of the bird that I found in February 2017. I apologize for the late posting, I did not read my emails all this evening until now. I know it can’t be proven but I wonder out loud if this is one and the same bird that has enjoyed spending the last two winters in this general area :). Interesting to note that I did not find any waterfowl in this general area when I conducted my raptor survey through there the other day. Because of that, I had speculated to some folks that I talked with where I originally found it that the bird might be flying over to Benton County to hunt, guess I was wrong about that! Keep searching everyone, hopefully mo
re can relocate it tomorrow!!

Jeff Fleischer