[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Sheridan sewage ponds - Black-necked Stil and more

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Sat Jul 27 13:08:44 PDT 2019

From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan at onlinenw.com>
Subject: [obol] Sheridan sewage ponds - July 36
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:01:00 -0700

I visited (with permission) the Sheridan sewage ponds 9:30-11:30 [July 26th].
About 11 o'clock I was joined by Tom Love. I found 31 species, and 2 new county birds!

1 Great Blue Heron
4 Greater White-fronted Geese
74 Canada geese
1 Wood Duck female
86 Mallards, plus broods of 5,6, &7
2 Shoveler
5 Lesser Scaup
1 Hooded Merganser female
7 Ruddy Ducks
53 Coots
1 BLACK-NECKED STILT - a county first for me and Tom
8 Killdeer
1 Greater Yellowlegs
1 Spotted Sandpiper
1 WILSON'S PHALAROPE - another county first for me
2 Ring-billed Gulls
12 California Gulls
1 Rock Pigeon
1 Eurasian Collared-Dove
1 Kestrel
1 BLACK PHOEBE
20 Barn Swallow
10 Violet-green Swallow
1 Scrub Jay
1 Crow
1 Swainson's Thrush
1 Song Sparrow
1 Red-winged Blackbird
150 Brewer's Blackbird
1 Brown-headed Cowbird
1 House Sparrow

Previous [Yamhill County] records for Black-necked Stilt
2 on pond on Schoof farm, Hwy 47, Carlton, 30 Apr 07, Carol Karlen
1 on pond on Schoof farm, 18 May 09, Ralph Schoof
Previous records for Wilson's Phalarope
2, Sheridan sewage ponds, 31 Jul 84,Tom Love

Good birding, everyone,
Paul Sullivan

Camp Adair area north of Corvalllis