[midvalleybirds] Re: [MidValleyNature:4973] ID puzzle--solved!

Mary Garrard springazure1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:08:07 PDT 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for the input. The consensus from my respondents is that I have begging immature Great Horned Owls calling, and after listening to many more online I have to agree, although none seems exactly right for what I’ve been hearing. So my high hopes for a new yard owl have gone unfulfilled🦉.

But I did learn a lot in the process. And regardless, I love hearing them when I’m going to bed. With the spring/early summer dawn chorus having diminished quite a bit in the last week or two, it’s nice to have some new birdsong to weave into my dreams.

Happiest of summer birding to all,

Mary

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. The Dalai Lama