[midvalleybirds] Acorn Woodpeckers

Carma Sue Henry cshenry at bywordofmind.com
Mon Jul 15 16:46:35 PDT 2019

Logsdon RidgeAcorn Woodpecker family of three (2 males 1 female) is now up to at least 5 or 6.  I have vids of several; 3 (males) in the open and at least one hidden behind the branches in our Spruce with obvious (so far with no  success) attempts to convince the youngsters to try the suet.  Very raucous and lots of fun to see their interactions.  I can't tell the young from adults, but male vs female is fairly easy. One male Red-winged Blackbird is back.  The mixed flock of RWBBs and Brewer'sBBs disappeared 3-4 weeks ago.  I think there was a lot of feed available when the grass and hay fields were being mowed.  A few Brewer's came back last week but this is the first RWBB we've had in at the feeders for a while.Doe brought two fawns in this afternoon, as well.  First fawns of the summer.Carma Henry