[midvalleybirds] Black-throated Gray Warbler family group

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Sat Jul 13 15:23:14 PDT 2019

Black-throated Gray Warblers don't nest in our yard, so far as I know, but they seem to move down off the hill behind our house (Tampico Ridge) in summer, possibly looking for water. This morning a family group of at least four birds (two adults and at least two juveniles) was foraging in three different non-native trees (an English walnut, a Siberian elm and a Colorado blue spruce) in our side yard.

This time of year can be a rewarding one if you have some kind of dripping-water feature, a few shade trees, and some lower bushes that birds can use to approach the water source.