[midvalleybirds] Chipping Sparrow

Carma Sue Henry cshenry at bywordofmind.com
Tue Jul 9 16:51:22 PDT 2019

S slope Logsdon Ridge.Chipping sparrow came by yesterday but didn't feed. Millet mix is seldom used so we haven't been putting it out.  That might be it's preference.A new-to-me bird came in to the suet yesterday and again today but I haven't been able to id it yet or get a photo.  It's longer than the House finch, slender and mostly yellow/tan.  Still trying to narrow it down.Very lonesome male W Bluebird still comes in everyday. Last year we had at least two very successful families (about a dozen or more would come in to bathe together) so I'm sad to see him on his own all summer.Today is the first time a Red-breasted Nutchatch fed a fledgling from the suet. Black-headed Grosbeak's are feeding fledglings again - must be a new pair as the first set learned the ropes last week.  The males are actively engaged in feeding and teaching.Carma Sue Henry