[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Tricolored Blackbirds at Philomath sewage-treatment ponds

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Wed Jan 30 05:36:37 PST 2019

Thanks to Ed McVicker for this interesting question. There's been a steady
trickle of eBird "rare bird reports" from this site over the past several months.
I haven't looked at all of them but I can't recall any that mentioned females
or immatures.

Female Tricoloreds are a little more difficult to distinguish with certainty,
but usually they stand out from female Red-winged in mixed flocks by their
lack of "warm" tones.