[midvalleybirds] Hermit Thrushes and hoodies continue

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:12:32 PST 2019

Hello,

The morning, just around sunrise, I was riding on the bike path along the
south side of the Ashbrook School, and I saw two Hermit Thrushes. One was
flying over the path as I was passing by, and while it was startled by my
presence, it quickly flew into a small willow where it met another. The two
thrushes made some harsh notes to one another.

Hooded Mergansers continue to be a regular presence at the Bruce Starker
Park duck pond as I see them most times I visit. In the same area
yesterday, I heard a Red-Breasted Sapsucker and two Townsend's Warblers (in
pine trees). Townsend's Warblers can be identified by their call notes. For
me it takes listening to at least 4 or 5 of their calls.

-Don Boucher
Corvallis