[midvalleybirds] Naturalist Adventure, Sunday, Jan. 20, Willamette Park, Corvallis

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:10:21 PST 2019

Naturalist Adventure
January 20, 2019: Willamette Park, Corvallis
Meet at the Crystal Lake Sports Fields & boat ramp parking area at the end
of SE Fischer Ln.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/LTKio5nKxWp
9 a.m., about 3 hours

Willamette Park has a variety of habitats including cottonwood forest,
deciduous/conifer mixed forest, meadows and the river itself. We'll see
many of our winter bird species, identify trees and shrubs and see the
first signs of some plants emerging from dormancy. We may encounter a
Hutton’s Vireo in the grove of Ponderosa Pines and along the river we may
see Common Mergansers and Double-crested Cormorants. We may walk southward
on the bike path beyond the Taylor Water Treatment Plant, where we may find
Black Phoebes. There’s a rich diversity of lichens, including long strands
of Fishnet Lichen, draped over tree branches

Expect rainy weather. Please dress for rain and muddy trail conditions, and
bring your binoculars.

Don Boucher & Lisa Millbank
www.neighborhood-naturalist.com