[midvalleybirds] Common birds: Bewick's Wrens and Golden-crowned sparrows

Caleb Centanni caleb at centanni.com
Mon Jan 7 17:18:36 PST 2019

Bewick's Wrens and Varied Thrushes are extra abundant this winter in the
coast range foothills where I live in Polk County. Walking a mile down the
hill this winter I'll hear another Bewick's like every tenth of a mile,
especially in the more open areas. Normally it's only been one for the
whole walk in past years. Varied Thrushes are even more abundant.

Golden-crowned Sparrows just increased in numbers on the hill. West of
campus in Corvallis though, there have been a few around since early
October, along with more than one White-throated. Interesting stuff.

Caleb