[midvalleybirds] Stone Quarry Lake, Jan 6, 2019

Tim Johnson tim.the.fisherman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:58:22 PST 2019

Hi all,

This morning I scoped Stone Quarry Lake (aka Spinnaker Lake). It’s a deep
water quarry that sometimes attracts uncommon birds for the area.

I found a Common Goldeneye (female), Western Grebe and Eared Grebe. The
grebes may be the same birds that were seen here on the day of the Salem
CBC. The Common Goldeneye numbers are unusually high this winter. We found
64 of them on the Salem CBC, mostly on Staats Lake, a private lake in North
Keizer.

Tim Johnson
Salem
- - - - - - - - - - - -