[midvalleybirds] Fwd: Livermore Rd and Baskett Slough pipits, shrikes, dunlin, no larks

clearwater at peak.org clearwater at peak.org
Tue Jan 1 06:00:35 PST 2019

From: Roy Gerig <roygerig at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 18:03:52 -0800
Subject: [obol] Livermore Rd at Baskett Slough NWR 12/31/18

I visit Livermore Road weekly or more, and Coville Rd and Farmer Rds
nearby. I looked for the Burrowing Owl I last saw 10 days ago, it was not
there. As has been this fall/winter I saw no Horned Larks. for the first
year I can remember of not seeing them along Livermore Rd in this season.
There are one and one-half large flocks of AMERICAN PIPITS for about 150 or
more. I saw the the usual 2 NORTHERN SHRIKES, an immature a mile north and
an adult near the south end of Livermore. A few DUNLIN were in a field at
the north end of Livermore where there were no gulls today and sometimes
there are
Roy Gerig Salem OR