[birding] Not a birder anymore

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Sat Sep 22 21:59:34 PDT 2018

Friends,

It's been a good ride for the past twenty years or so. I thank you for
the many things that I've learned along the way.

But I've reached the point where I no longer really care if someone
finds a Louisiana Waterthrush or whatever in Benton County. It's not
really meaningful even if it's real. It's just another stray bird that
doesn't represent real conservation issues.

So no, I'm not a birder anymore. Please forgive me for that.

If you want to talk about bird conservation, I'm still here, and I'm
listening.