[birding] Short-term request for midvalley birders who are also on OBOL

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Wed Sep 19 21:16:43 PDT 2018

Hi all,

As of this afternoon, apparently all Peak Internet users subscribed to
the statewide birding list (OBOL) were booted off by an automatic
process, because Peak has been rejecting too many OBOL messages as
"spam."

The OBOL list administrator, Treesa Hertzel, has offered to help people
get back on, but I suspect it will take a while for many local birders
to go through that process.

That includes me ... which means that, for a short time at least, I
won't be getting the daily digests and going through them each morning
to pick out messages of local interest.

So if you have sightings of local interest, please make sure to post
them to the Midvalley list as well as OBOL. I'm sure there are other
Peak subscribers who will appreciate this.

Thanks & happy fall migration,