[birding] Golden-crowned Sparrow. more waxwings and Evening Grosbeaks

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 10:25:31 PDT 2018

Hello,

This morning I found my first-of-the-season Golden-crowned Sparrow in a
blackberry thicket behind the office (between Research Way and Neer Ave.)
There was also a young male Common Yellowthroat nearby; probably a migrant
since the spot doesn't have them in late spring or summer.

Earlier this morning, while waiting for the bus on NW 9th Street & Maxine
Ave., I watched more than 100 Cedar Waxwings gobbling up berries in a
nearby Black Hawthorn. A small flock of Evening Grosbeaks flew by (like
less than 10).

Don Boucher
Corvallis