[birding] Naturalist Adventure, Sunday, Sept. 16 Jackson-Frazier

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:23:54 PDT 2018

Naturalist Adventure
Sunday,Sept. 16 Jackson-Frazier Wetland, Corvallis
Meet at parking lot at north end of NE Lancaster St. (North of Conifer
Blvd.)
https://goo.gl/maps/5cJ3SSr4hzN2
<https://neighborhood-naturalist.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=391a0b3b8b6bffc4fd30abe48&id=0b7fd117f8&e=5452c795bf>

9am - about 3 hours

It’s a time of year when there isn’t much wet left in the wetlands, even
with the recent rain. However, the area is full of opportunities to
encounter birds, insects and a variety of plants. Our summer migratory
birds are moving south, and we could see a few northern birds who are
arriving to spend the winter here. We may glimpse the native Brush Rabbit
and see signs of the nocturnal Gray Fox.  We'll look at a large Bald-faced
Hornet nest from a safe distance.

Please bring binoculars and be prepared for possible rain showers.

Don Boucher & Lisa Millbank
www.neighborhood-naturalist.com