[birding] orange-crowned plus

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Fri Mar 30 11:39:59 PDT 2018

Poor Hutton's Vireos! They sing their little hearts out but that simple,
repetitive song is the best they can do! Luckily they don't seem to care
what we think of them.

Our local Hutton's Vireo was "on strike" this morning while I was out
working in the garden, and I didn't hear any Orange-crowned Warblers.
But Dark-eyed Juncos and Bewick's Wrens were singing, and our first pair
of VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS arrived to check out nest boxes, to the
annoyance of the Western Bluebird pair that took up housekeeping a
couple of weeks ago.

Joel