[birding] Eagle nest on Willamette

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:08:38 PDT 2018

Hello,

On Highway 20 in Corvallis, just east of HP, I could see a Bald Eagle nest
in a tree on the east bank of the Willamette River.

There's only one gap in the trees on the west bank that you see it. It's
far away (across a field) but using binoculars, I could see a white head
moving in the nest. Lisa and I have observed eagles nesting there in last
few years.

Closer to home, there was a Great Egret in the meadow along NE Conser St.
It had breeding plumes.

Earlier on my commute home, I saw 5 Common Mergansers (3 males and 2
females) on the Willamette from downtown.

Don Boucher
Corvallis