[birding] Starker Park Osprey, Yellowthroat

Don Boucher donaboucher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:07:42 PDT 2018

Hello,

This morning, while commuting on the bike path that passes Bruce Starker
Arts Park, I heard a Common Yellowthroat singing in the brush nearby.

I walked the area at lunch and an Osprey landed on one of the sequoias next
to the pond.

There were the few regular Mallards and 8 American Wigeon.

The cherry trees near the pond were blooming and full of Yellow-rumped
Warblers. A Purple Finch and an Orange-crowned Warbler sang.

There was a Red-breasted Sapsucker in one of the sequoias next to the
community garden.

A pair of Western Bluebirds hunted in the nearby Fiserve Parking area.

When returning back to work on Research Way, I saw a sub-adult Bald Eagle
soaring.

Don Boucher,
Corvallis