[birding] Fwd: Sandhill Cranes over Silverton, Lapland Longspur SW of Tangent

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Tue Oct 24 05:28:26 PDT 2017

From: John Thomas <johnpam at mtangel.net>
Subject: [obol] Sandhills On the Move...
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:23:16 -0700

Ten Sandhill Cranes flew very low over our place at 1:30 this afternoon.
Waited to see if more would show up but no luck...The "window" here is
usually a clear day, a NE breeze (from the Gorge), and usually between
11:00 AM and 1:30 PM for us. We live under a main fall migration path
for cranes. . Saw 500+ two years ago in this migration window.

John Thomas
5 mi NE of Silverton (along Cascade foothills)