[birding] MacForest 10 20 band-tailed

howard bruner hbrunerh at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 10:10:09 PDT 2017

I made a break for the hills during a break in the gray walls of wet.  On rd 611 I found a surprising band-tailed pigeon that responded to my owl calling.  It seemed very connected to the area as it made numerous landings around me and even swooped up the road right over me.  Also had n. pygmy and barred join in the concert.

The break broke and the walls came down - on the slog out I heard the usual avian denizens of the wet westside forests settling in for a cold windy night.