[birding] White buteo and other Silverton patch birds

roger freeman carrotguy55 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 19:00:56 PDT 2017

The sunny seasonally cool weekend provided a great opportunity to work
outside this weekend and fairly intensely bird the property.   I managed 25
species including distant calling flybys of a single BELTED KINGFISHER and
KILLDEER.   I also have a distant calling pair of GREAT HORNED OWLS now
which I haven't heard for months.   I am also enjoying the morning
vocalizations of many VARIED THRUSH and a few GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW.