[birding] Yamhill Tropical Kingbird call

Jeff Harding jeffharding at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 16 17:24:09 PDT 2017

After posting notice of the Tropical Kingbird, the bird did call for me. It
gave a trill made up of a series of sharp notes, clearly Tropical, not the
single note of a Couch's Kingbird. This kingbird is not always apparent
while I watched, it often perched low in the willows, sometimes only a meter
or so from the ground. Frequently enough it sallied out for bugs, so it
wasn't so hard to find. And it perched at the top of the willows
occasionally, too.

Sorry I failed to say where it was in my first post. I was excited to find
it. As has been pointed out, Sheridan's South Side Park is across the
highway from most of Sheridan. There is a map associated with my eBird
checklist, below.

Here is my checklist, with a photo:

Good birding,

Jeff