[birding] Sparrow ID and Philomath Ponds this morning

Hendrik Herlyn hhactitis at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 16:05:12 PDT 2015

Hi Pam,
Nice pics! Your sparrow is an immature White-crowned - larger than junco (Chipping/Clay-colored would only be about junco-sized), with very rufous streaks on the head.
Glad you finally got the LTDU!
Good birding
Hendrik

Hendrik G. Herlyn
Corvallis, OR

"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."
     -- Gary Snyder