[birding] E.E. Wilson Swamp/White-throated Sparrows, Hermit Thrush, dusky-capped "flycatchers"

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Wed Oct 28 15:34:36 PDT 2015

P.S. Forgot to mention a couple of raptors:

An adult RED-SHOULDERED HAWK was hanging out in the ash swale just north
of where I heard the Swamp Sparrow -- this has been a regular location
for Red-shouldered Hawks in recent years.

Also an adult SHARP-SHINNED HAWK came cruising over the wetland south of
there as I was checking to see if I could pish up any more Swamp
Sparrows. I didn't, but did find a bunch of LINCOLN'S SPARROWS along
with Swamp, Fox, and Golden-crowneds.