[birding] Sad news about Diana Brin

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Sat Oct 24 19:18:48 PDT 2015

Hi all,

With sadness I learned today that Diana Brin passed away on October 1st.

Corvallis Audubon members will remember Diana as a board member and
officer a few years back. My own interactions with her were limited, but
always positive.

Diana was a Hawaiian who arrived here by way of New York. Her interests
were very broad-ranging. She very quickly gained an understanding of the
Willamette Valley, and then she went on learning more. I can't think of
any better word to describe her but "dynamic."

I hope others who knew Diana better will share their remembrances. Sorry
if this comes to you as a shock, as it did to me.

Mahalo,